Art historian private guided tour
Starting with the rich heritage of The Chatwal and its building, an art historian provides insight into the eventful history of the Theater District and the Art Deco design principles still prevailing in the Midtown area. The exclusive and private tour can be tailored to the guest’s interests and highlights The Chatwal, and its theater focused past with the Lambs theatrical club.
You will explore the Theater District, 42nd Street, and its environs, with a particular focus on Art Deco, its social and cultural context in the 1920’s and 30’s, using The Chatwal as a narrative frame.
You will visit well-known landmarks like the Chrysler Building and Radio City Music Hall, as well as lesser-known Art Deco masterpieces like the American Radiator Building and the Fred F. French Building while invoking the history and bustling energy of the Theater District during the Jazz Age. Sites might vary depending upon the day, your interests, and the season.
Target length: 2 hours, to provide a short, exciting tour.
- Tours will be provided by a docent team of architects, urbanists, journalists, and historians, all experts in their field.
- The tour will be available to start between 10am and 3pm seven days per week, with other times open to discussion.
Live Like a Local Experiences
The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Resort, New York City and LOCALIKE New York have partnered to offer The Chatwal Crowns suite guests extraordinary local experiences.
A reflection of The Chatwal’s storied past and vibrant architectural nuances. The one-bedroom Heritage suite encompasses the origins of The Chatwal and Stanford White’s legendary landmark building with décor that brings together carefully chosen artifacts, documents and art in personification of the hotel’s unique heritage.
- Let us reward your loyalty. Book directly with us to get new SPG Member Exclusive Rates.
- Start the day right with breakfast for two every day of your stay.
- Experience a timeless getaway when you stay longer. Reserve two nights and receive a complimentary third night.